Apriori Flower 01:03 - Five Prescribed Practices
Apriori Flower 01:03 - 20161129 © OgFOMK ArTS
|Apriori Flower 01:03 - Five Prescribed Practices|
King Flower: There are five prescribed practices. They are like the five petals around your corolla.
King Flower: 1. Respect Life 2. Respect Property 3. Respect Sex 4. Respect Truth 5. Respect Mind
Apriori Flower: And...
King Flower: Your corolla is your mind. The petals and your corolla are your corona. You practice the 5 precepts and your are a noble flower.
Apriori Flower: How can I be noble when I do not own any property?
King Flower: The 5 petals are yours. Your corolla is yours. This is your practice and your mind. You are the owner of time with practice.
Apriori Flower: Everything I do is practice?
King Flower: Reduce your activities to the 5 precepts. If what you do is not this then you are not a practicing noble, Apriori!
Apriori Flower: Observed practice is meditation. I want to be the king flower!
King Flower is describing the Five Prescribed Practices which are really presenting the positive of the Five Precepts of Theravada Buddhism. These are the basic practices for lay followers or those who are not monks.
King Flower is also giving Apriori the tools to remember. Everything that we know comes from something else we know. This is the thread from one idea to another. To enjoy training and learning a good practice one must be able to relate to the practice. King Flower has given Apriori a means to reflect and remember.
The Five Precepts are also known as the Five Pali Training Rules:
Pali training rules:
The following are the five precepts (pañca-sikkhāpada) or five virtues (pañca-sīla) rendered in English and Pali:
- I undertake the training rule to abstain from killing. Pāṇātipātā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi.
- I undertake the training rule to abstain from taking what is not given. Adinnādānā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi.
- I undertake the training rule to avoid sensual misconduct. Kāmesumicchācāra veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi.
- I undertake the training rule to abstain from false speech. Musāvādā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi.
- I undertake the training rule to abstain from fermented drink that causes heedlessness. Surāmerayamajjapamādaṭṭhānā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi.
From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Precepts