Healthcare As A Tax Deduction Part II
23 Dec. 2017
Back on January 26, 2011 we published an editorial about healthcare as a tax deduction. This was before the second term of President Barack Obama. The Affordable Healthcare Act was enacted in 2010. This is a follow up to that editorial: https://ogfomk.blogspot.com/2011/01/healthcare-as-tax-deduction.html
Recently our president, Donald Trump and the Republican Congress and Senate have celebrated passing a bill on tax reform. This group also attempted to reverse and repeal the Affordable Care Act (aka Obama Care). While the repeal of the mandate to pay for healthcare is welcome the rest of the tax bill is not what would help the people who pay taxes and need healthcare in the United States of America.
Why not have healthcare as a tax deduction?
Instead of a bunch of changes to the existing tax system. Instead of trying to make affordable healthcare act go away without any thing useful in place. Why not have the health of every single American as a tax deduction?
Ten Reasons Why We Should Have Healthcare as a Tax Deduction:
- Our national strength is based upon healthy people
- All tax rules stay the same with the exception of this deduction
- Corporations and individuals who pay for healthcare will have 100% deducted
- People can choose the treatments and physicians that they want
- Doctors will feel less stress on payments because most people will invest in personal health
- Doctors and medical practices can donate to patients who can not afford healthcare and receive deductions on their earnings.
- Drug companies and manufacturers can have reliable profits because health will be promoted instead of dreaded.
- Private, public and non-profit organizations can invest in healthy people who can not afford healthcare and receive deductions
- All of us can write off any activity that promotes health.
- With this deduction the IRS can focus on healthy people also by encouraging businesses to successfully hire and build teams that create revenue.
In order to implement this we need to have our public servants explore this and make a constitutional amendment where all citizens, workers and dependents shall not be taxed on being healthy!
Let us debate this and put this into the general consciousness of the people of America. Spread the word. Encourage a discussion. Forget about what the existing laws are. Let’s just build on what we have, cut away what is chaff and make the United States a healthy place to live and work.
Essay by Alex Nuttall, title: Healthcare As A Tax Deduction Part II, Original Date: 20171223 – © Alex Nuttall / OgFOMK ArTS 2017 – 2017 – Published 20170728.
Back on January 26, 2011 we wrote about healthcare as a tax deduction. This was before the second term of President Barack Obama. The Affordable Healthcare Act was enacted in 2010. This is a follow up to that editorial: https://ogfomk.blogspot.com/2011/01/healthcare-as-tax-deduction.html
#OgFOMK #Journal #Prose #AlexNuttall #Healthcare #Tax #Deduction #Editorial